Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Cocktail - Golden Cadillac


Golden Cadillac, originally uploaded by chipandandy.

3/4 oz Galliano
3/4 oz White Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz Cream

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass, or other serving vessel. After assessing the cost of our ebay glass slippers, I convinced LuRu to give some local thrift stores and flea markets a shot. She thought I was a little crazy, but the results were fantastic. We only found 2 suitable shoes, but the fish is my favorite anyway.

This was my first time using Galliano, but certainly not my last. It has an anise taste and smell, but it's much rounder and softer than Pernod and has many other herbs.

You may notice the glue sticks in the background. I think we must have played the newspaper poetry game with this round. LuRu and I cut interesting words and phrases out of newspaper headlines for the past week or so and tossed them into a hat. People pulled them out and glued them to a sheet of paper to form "poems."

Here are a few shots of the drinks being drunk:

Had to use a straw for the open slipper.

DSCF1748

The boot worked very well.

Golden Cadillac in a Whale.....

Kissy the fishy. I love this as a glass.

Cheers!

No comments: