Monday, February 28, 2005

Black Box Theatre

Black Box Theatre

I've always been intrigued by this little alternative performance space on LSU's campus. I've only ever been able to attend one event, but I'm set to try another this week with "What are you trying to tell me?," The cost is $5 and the times are 7:30 W-Sat and 2:30 Sun.

Here's an excerpt from the press release:

"With this performance, I'm playing with the trust we place in our personal relationships and social systems, composed of seemingly conclusive knowledge and reliable source material," said Shkreli. "I try to tap into the assumptions we all carry about language. I'm fascinated with the larger questions of how we've agreed that arbitrary signs carry meaning around which we craft our whole lives. What moves us forward even though language is so unstable?"

I'll post something after I see it Thursday night.

No comments: