Friday, August 12, 2005

The Friday Cocktail - Maker's saves the Puppy Edition

As many of you know, I am a Maker's Mark Ambassador. This just means that I went to their website, gave them a little personal info, and in return I have received a few trinkets (glasses and stirs) and occasional email. This week, I got this lovely story sent to me:

Last Wednesday evening I had guests for dinner where a 'fair' amount of Maker's was consumed. I did not take the time to clean up the bar area before retiring for the night. At 7:00am my Golden Retriever decided it was time to deliver her puppies. All went well for the first four puppies. However the next one took 3 hours to be born and wasn't in the best shape after such an ordeal. Needless to say I thought I had lost this pup but was not wiling to let her go without a try. I suctioned her, swung her, but nothing seemed to work. I was just about to call it quits when I saw my bottle of Maker's on the counter. I poured a small amount into the cap, put my finger in it and then on the lips of the pup. She let out a loud puppy squeak and started to breathe. Cheers! My fellow Maker's Mark Ambassadors have named her Maker's!!
and here's a picture

So, even though I've already shared plenty of bourbon based cocktails, I've gotta submit one more.

The Kentucky Lemonaid

  • 1 1/2 shots of Makers
  • 1/2 shot of triple sec
  • 2 oz of sour mix or 4 oz of lemonaid
  • 2 oz 7-up
Shake and pour over crushed ice!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the puppy on
http://thingsinrubbers.com/index.html