Tuesday, December 06, 2005

AccuRadio.com -- Internet radio YOU control!

AccuRadio.com -- Internet radio YOU control!
Every couple of months I go on a web radio jag, trying to find a station that suits my tastes to put on in the background while I work. I've never found a station that I've been happy with for more than a short period of time. Maybe I found one yesterday. AccuRadio is free and has a ton of channels, but I've been stuck on "High Fidelity: Indie rock and other cool and eclectic tracks". They do a nice job of mixing newer acts like Wolf Parade and Franz Ferdinand with the indie rock cannon (Guided by Voices, Flaming Lips, Pavement...) and older influences (Velvet Underground, Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, the Beatles...). They're also great about showing the song info with album info, cover art, and link to Amazon to order anything you like. There are also customization options where you can weed out artists you don't like. The one thing I would change is mix in a little more electronica. So, after listening to this all day yesterday, I just now clicked on the sub-channels tab in the player window and what do I see? "Highdrophonic: All your favorite songs from our High Fidelity and Hiptronica channels brought together in one massive channel!" I'll flip over as soon as this Stephen Malkmus song finishes.

No comments: