Friday, December 09, 2005

Friday Cocktail - Lady Luck

Lady Luck Cocktail Recipe | In The Spirit

I intended to do all Christmas cocktails this month, but I stumbled onto this new cocktail website and I had to choose something. I love the interface and the pictures. And, at least it's green and has a star on top.

Lady Luck:
2 shots Gin
1 shot Blue curacy
Orange Juice

Fill glass with ice add Gin and Blue Curacao then top with Orange Juice, stir. Garnish with a slice of star fruit if you've got it.

This site also has a great picture of how to layer a drink in the Cheat's corner section. I've never seen it done. I've read descriptions of how to use the spoon, but my attempts have never worked. I think I'm ready to try again now that I've seen this:


Since the Lady Luck isn't as Christmasy as I'd liked, here's the Mistletoe Martini (apropos for my myspace friends).
4 parts vodka
1/2 oz. Melon liquor such as Midori
Splash of grenadine

Mix the vodka and melon liqueur in a martini shaker. Strain into a martini glass. Add grenadine. The grenadine will sink to the bottom of the glass making the drink red and green. From the Friday Drink Recipe Archives.

And, if you're looking for some stylish cocktail accoutrements or a unique vintage stereo cabinet repurposed as a liquor cabinet stop by Leanne and Kathryn's Art Sale tomorrow from 10am to 4pm corner of Beverly and North (Baton Rouge) where I'll have some items from my collection.

No comments: