Friday, October 21, 2005

Cocktail of the Week: Amore Dolce

Amore Dolce Cocktail Recipe | In The Spirit

When I lived in Cincinnati, I used to make regular trips to the party store to keep the bar well stocked. The party store (the actual name was party source I think) was like the wal-mart of liquor stores, with everything you could possibly imagine in terms of exotic cocktail ingredients, wines, beers, party foods, decorations, etc. I used to make it a point of buying something new and different each trip (or at least on most trips as the budget allowed). So, I've had the same bottle of Campari for a few years now. Whatever drink I used it in the first time was awful and I haven't been tempted by it since. This cocktail looks like a potential winner and I have all the ingredients on hand.

  • 1 shot campari
  • 1 shot Raspberry Vodka
  • 3 spoons Caster Sugar
  • 1 lime
  • crushed ice
Place several thin slices of lime in an old fashioned glass. Add the sugar (I don't really have Caster Sugar, but I'll be trying splenda anyway). I'll probably muddle this a little, but not too much. Then add the Raspberry Vodka and Campari. Stir, then top with crushed ice.

In looking for a cocktail for this week, I stumbled upon a personality quiz that said I'm an orgasm:
You're an Orgasm!!  There are a few variations on this drink but one way to reach the climax is to combine equal parts of Irish cream liqueur, white creme de cacao, triple sec and v
""Which cocktail are you?""

brought to you by Quizilla

Amusing, but I doubt I'd like the cocktail much. The recipe is combine equal parts of Irish cream liqueur, white creme de cacao, triple sec and vodka.

So I searched for more quizes and found that I am indeed Whiskey:




You Are Whiskey



You're a tough drinker, and you take it like a man
That means no girly drinks for you - even if you are a girl
You prefer a cold, hard drink at the end of the day
Every day, in fact. And make that a few.



How's that for a waste of time on a Friday before quitting time?

Cheers!

No comments: