Friday, March 17, 2006

B a r M o n k e y . n e t -

B a r M o n k e y . n e t -

That's putting geekery to good use. Site devoted to a surprising number of folks who are trying to automate their drinking. Pictures of several projects, and a forum for discussion. This group is probably going to go commercial with their barmonkey eventually. Which brings me to my personal mixed feelings on these projects. First, I love em. I love the obsessive nature of doing it. I love the ingenuity. I love the drinks. But, I've been drawn to cocktails by the allure of the cocktail making experience, the slight variations from bartender to bartender. And of course the retro barware. I guess, I'd like to know some folks who did this. I might even help (though the tech is way above my head), but I'll stick to my giraffe bar (when it can come back out of storage).

Here's another site The Automated Bar, that sent me to barmonkey. I found this site first via Engadget.

No comments: