Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Cool Hunting: Nike iD Design Lab: 255

Cool Hunting: Nike iD Design Lab: 255
I heard about Nike iD several months ago (probably via Cool Hunting) but assumed they'd be too expensive to be worthwhile. Turns out they really aren't much different in price from regular sneakers. Nike iD is a program where you can design your own shoes, really you can just create your own color pallets from preset choices. There are several styles to choose from, each with different color choices. The link above goes to a Cool Hunting behind the scenes report. Here are a few designs I've made and am seriously considering:

I'm not sure about the toe on this one.

I really like this, but I'm not sure if I'd get enough wear out of it. I'm fanatical about matching and this would not go with lots of things.

I love the "deep obsidian" color in this one. It's probably the most likely.

This style is a track shoe with spikes. It's only $60, so I can take more chances. Unfortunately, they don't offer some of the colors that I really like from the above shoes in this style. They do offer the metallic gold on this one, that's not offered on the others. I'll have to check if the spikes are removeable or just rubber before I continue.

Any suggestions/votes will be considered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i vote for the spikey 60$ merlot colored kicks.