Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Something Awful - The Greatest Albums Ever Suck

Something Awful
Really funny observations from an amalgam of "Greatest Albums" lists. Such as this one about the Beach Boys, Pet Sounds:

"Hearing Brian Wilson and his band of brothers hit the notes in '“Don't Talk' is a truly emasculating experience. Seriously, it makes my nuts suck up into my body a little bit, like imagining Ernest Borgnine naked."

or this one about U2's The Joshua Tree:
"Have you ever noticed that the choruses for '“I Still Haven't Found What I'’m Looking For,'” '“Where The Streets Have No Name,'” and 'With Or Without You'” are totally interchangeable? Next time you'’re hanging out with your moron friends, sing the verse of one and follow it with the chorus of another. I'll bet nobody will call you on it, because it'’s impossible to notice, because all three songs just sound like the same dopey U2 bullshit."

The author takes on a lot of my favorites, but I'm laughing just the same.

No comments: