Friday, April 01, 2005

The Friday Cocktail - April Fool's Edition

Droogle
First, let's highlight a new (to me) drink search engine - Droogle. Check out the Liquor Cabinet, where you can select all the ingredients you have and find out all the different drinks you can make. Lots of strange ingredients can be used.

Drinkwise, I'll post several today all found via droogle:

First the Love Birds for Janet:
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Grenadine
2 oz. Lemon Juice
1 dash Dark Rum
1 cup Crushed Ice
Mix in blender

For Greg, who pointed the droogle site out to me:
The Greg Dulli
dash Bitters
1 1/4 oz. Dark Rum
1 1/4 oz. Bacardi Light Rum®
1 1/4 oz. Gold Rum
1 oz. Cranapple Juice
Shake with cracked ice and pour unstrained into a goblet.
Garnish with fresh fruit such as a small piece of strawberry or a fresh cherry. Not sure if you'd like it, and I'm pretty sure you're not an Afghan Wigs fan, but it's the only result in droogle for Greg

And for a friend who needs a cocktail:
The Betty Paige
1 Cherry
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
1 oz Gin
1 tsp Cherry Liqueur
Mix the gin and vermouth like you would a normal martini.
Pour into cocktail glass and add cherry liqueur.
Garnish with cherry. BTW, look up your own name - has some interesting results.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, which my nickname, or my aka...
wait, i think i know the answer. droggle is great. not surprised you tuned me in, or that greg found it. thanx for the cocktail don, made my day. btw, janet's love bird sounds yummy.

Geekbird said...

mix taht cocktail with some Geekbird and you got yourself a party