Thursday, April 14, 2005

MFA Shows - Closing April 15, David Storlie & Joanna Coke

Joanna is a great painter. Her show is titled "Persona". I haven't really seen it yet, so I don't have much else to say.

David Storlie is a sculptor who's show is an installation titled, "Too Fast, Too Tight, Too Loud, Too Bright." This figures to be an interactive piece with motion sensors setting off various elements. I'd be looking forward to this show regardless, but about a month ago David asked me to help him with a video for the piece. I believe that the video is related to the too tight part of the title. However, it speaks to too fast and in some ways to too loud as well. The video consists of short clips of crowd scenes spliced together and overlayed. The clips are mostly city crowds walking briskly and though there is no sound, it makes me think of loud city streets. I have yet to see how exactly the video works in connection with the whole installation, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: