Wednesday, April 27, 2005

MFA Show - Closing April 29

Felt, sculpture by Yvonne James and Full Circle, paintings by Elizabeth Cowhig, Monday-Friday, April 25-29, reception 6-9 p.m. Friday. I've been through Yvonne's studio about a month ago and Felt is a great title for her show. Many of her sculptures are hand felted with wool from the Agriculture School that she cleaned and dyed herself. I'm looking forward to seeing the show this afternoon outside the hectic show closing reception situation.

That brings me to this minor announcement. I'm taking a few days off from work (yea) and the blog. My brother and sister-in-law are visiting from Ohio. I'm leaving this afternoon and taking them to Yvonne's show. Tomorrow, we plan on hitting the Jazzfest, and they leave after an all too short visit Friday afternoon. I may get back on to post a Friday cocktail, but otherwise, there will be one more post this morning before I'm out for a much needed long weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you all have a great time. take care, ang