Friday, April 22, 2005

The Friday Cocktail - Cytrus Ginger-Mint Lemonade

Cocktail Times | Belvedere Cytrus Ginger-Mint Lemonade

It's not derby time yet, so we'll wait on the julep, but it is time to break out some mint.

- 2 oz Belvedere Cytrus (or citrus flavored vodka)
- 3/4 oz Mint infused simple syrup (or muddle mint leaves with sugar)
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Soda

Muddle ginger and mint in a mixing glass and shake with ice. Strain over ice in a collins glass. Top with a splash of soda and garnish with a spring of mint. (Credit: Julie Reiner, Flatiron Lounge)

That is the recipe from cocktail times. However, I did change middle to muddle (sounds like a non-cocktail friendly spell checker to me. I don't see any mention of how much ginger, or how to prep it. I'm guessing a little would go a long way. I'll try this with a few slices. I don't think you want to use minced ginger because it would probably make it's way through the strainer. We'll see. BTW, I haven't had a chance to try the mexican breakfast yet. Maybe next weekend when Janet's parents are visiting, we'll have a brunch and I'll report then.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try it.