Monday, April 18, 2005

Indy.TV

Indy.TV
Not about television though, Indy.TV is a free web radio player that not only allows you to rate the music you're hearing, but it uses that rating to choose the next song you'll hear. It somehow tracks your ratings and compares them to others' ratings to help choose similar songs. The music is all freely accessible through the artists own websites, so if you really like a song, you can click and go to their website, and probably download it for free. I think this sounds like a great idea, but I am concerned about how it will work for those with eclectic tastes. I tend to like indy rock/pop and loungy electronica both and I wonder if my first random songs are more one style than the other, if I'll never get any of the other. Unfortunately I haven't actually used the software. I downloaded it at work, but am getting a bad net connection error. I think it's similar to why I can't do bit torrents from work due to certain firewall settings. I'll check this out at home sometime, but I try not to sit in front of the machine too much when I'm at home. If any of you try it, please comment.

No comments: