Friday, March 25, 2005

The Friday Cocktail

Singapore Sling
A couple of rare occurences here. First, I'm blogging from home on this good friday. Second, I've tried the recipe ahead of time. One reason I'm doing a friday cocktail, is so I try new recipes. I tend to stick with Manhattans, Sazeracs, and an occaisonal Mint Julep, but I tend to like lots of others. So, since I'm home, I tried the recipe with lunch. Here's the recipe I tried:

Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp sugar (1 packet of splenda)
1 oz cherry brandy
1 oz gin

Shake with ice, then pour, unstrained into highball glass. It was a little tart, so I added an ounce of apricot brandy and that mellowed it out a bit. The link takes you to a different version, that I haven't tried.

Last week's drink, the golden comet, was pretty good. I'd have it again. The lime was a bit tart, but it could just be the lime. I used blue curacao instead of orange, but come on, any chance to drink a blue drink is worth it.

Cheers!

No comments: