Thursday, March 10, 2005

What would be my Holy Grail Garage Sale Find!

The Airplane Shaker

airplane shaker fullThe last post reminded me of the one specific piece that would make my barware collection complete. I will find it one day. Hopefully it will be a day when I won't have to rationally auction it off for $50,000, but instead a day when I can just keep it on my bar. For those who don't know, I collect vintage barware. Travel bars and art deco styled pieces, particularly cocktail shakers are my favorites. This airplane cocktail shaker is really a travel bar as you can see by the many components in the detailed picture below. We just received a new digital camera for our birthdays, so maybe I'll finally get around to documenting the collection and sharing little bits of it here along with the friday cocktail. For now, enjoy the beauty of the airplane shaker.

airplane shaker parts

No comments: