Wednesday, March 30, 2005

MFA Show - Closing April 1


Now that spring break is over The MFA show season really gets rolling. The current show features paintings by Mack Gingles and printmaking by Joshua Spahr. The closing reception is this Friday, April 1 from 6 to 9 at The School of Art Gallery Located in Murphy J. Foster Hall on Dalrymple Drive behind the Middleton Library. Pictured above is Mack Gingles "Three of a Kind".

That reminds me of the last mfa show. At the time I blogged it, I hadn't seen any of the artists work. Well, I'm happy to say that the work of Jamie Baldridge was particularly great. It was photography that was photoshopped to look old, though very crisp. The imagery was creepy, with a macabre sci-fi feel. I found the image below by digging into the LSU press releases.

No comments: