Wednesday, March 30, 2005

You Are Here video | Ourmedia

You Are Here video | Ourmedia
I wanted to blog the Ourmedia site in general, but I figured it was best to point so some worthwhile media to show how the site's supposed to work. So, Ourmedia is a very ambitious and exciting free repository for sharing media of all kinds. Sign up, upload, and share. There also appears to be blogging and commenting features as well. As long as the media creator completes the submission correctly, the copywrite information is clearly displayed. When I poked around I found many videos that had no copywrite info, so I'm guessing that the person who put the video up either doesn't care or messed up when completing the upload form. At any rate, I found the site itself to be a bit clunky, but it's only in alpha and the idea is so awesome, that I expect things will smooth out over time. I haven't signed up yet, but I plan to, and maybe Janet will use it to host some video as well (would save on bandwidth at luruart.com, not that it's been a problem, but when the Pulse trailer was first posted we did go over our limit but our host is very cool and let it slide since it was just one month).

Now, the video I linked to, is a music video from Sam Bisbee. I found it just by looking through today's popular media. It's a catchy indy pop tune and the video is pretty creative, using stop animation of stacks of photographs. From the ourmedia page, it's easy to get to Sam's website and check out more of his music etc. I'll probably dig into that a little more later.

No comments: