Tuesday, March 01, 2005

An Opening Act of Unspeakable Evil

Roommate From Hell

Looked in the back seat of my car and noticed "Tales of a Punk Rock Nothing". I sighed, as my reading time right now is filled with reviewing a statistics textbook that really needs some work (aside, this is the first time I've been asked to review a textbook and provide comments before it's complete. Kinda neat, and there's a small honorarium, so I feel compelled to finish it quickly). Since the Tales are literally in the back seat, it did remind me of a fantastically fun read from over the xmas hollidays. Maybe "An Opening Act of Unspeakable Evil" sounds like an odd choice for holliday reading, but it was my holliday and I thoroughly enjoyed it, laughing out loud at times. The complete text of this sordid tale of two roommates traveling the country staging demonic rituals as performance art is available at the roommatefromhell.com website or you can purchase it through his site no media kings. Also through the no media kings site, you can find out about his dvd zine and check out his new video yogadeathmatch. We were lucky enough to meet the author, Jim Munroe, when he and several others (including Abram Himelstein, author of Tales of a Punk Rock Nothing) did readings at the Baton Rouge Gallery. They were all great people and gave entertaining readings on their way to the New Orleans Indie Book Fair. I'll post something about Abram's book when I finish it.

No comments: